Kern River Valley Gun Association
July 26, 2018
Meeting called to order by Vice President Rich McDonald at the Kernville Chamber of Commerce and began with the flag salute. 14 members in attendance.
- New Members – None
- First Time Attendees – Lori Miller, John and Diane Taylor
Past Meeting Minutes: Kee Johnson read the minutes for the meeting held on June 28, 2018. There was some discussion about the use of cell phones at long range shoot. Minute were approved
Vice-President’s Report: Rich McDonald
- New Cell Phone Number (760) 223-5083. The other cell phone did not work. Verizon is the carrier.
- Gun Law Status
- The deadline for gun owners to register their firearms as “assault weapons” or modify them to be compliant with the restrictions that resulted from SB 880 and AB 1135 (2016) must be completed by 11:59:59 P.M. on June 30, 2018.
Treasurer’s Report: Bob Johnson gave the treasurer’s report. Club has $25,437.57. Income for the month was $2,047.00. Expenses was $747.44. Currently have 545 members plus 43 life members.
Chief Range Safety Officer Report: Mark Miller advised that the August schedule has been posted. Miller advised he and Bob Johnson went to a class in Visalia on Saturday, July 21, 2018, and are now certified to teach RSO’S for our club. Discussion about opening class to other clubs and charge them – NO. Discussion about having new RSO’S pay for ½ of class and then reimburse them in a year if they are in good standing.
Club is in need of more RSO’S. Four are currently in training.
Competition Director: Brian Dowd
- ½ mile shoot – Frank Llanes 1st Place
- July Competition – Turning Target Handgun Shoot – John Negrete 1st Place
- August Competition – August 4th – Aspirin Shoot
- September Competition – September 1st – Long Range Center fire rifle
- September 22nd – Tactical 3 Gun
- October Competition – October 6th – Zombie Apocalypse Night Shoot
- November Competition – November 3rd – Annual Turkey Shoot – Paper Targets Only – No Turkeys will be harmed at this shoot.
- Shotgun Group – Joe Price – Not too many shooters but lots of weeds to take care of. Will be calling Homer Hansen to order clay pigeons and schedule a pick up date.
- Upcoming events
- September 29th – Toys for Tots Charity Shoot
- Cowboy Action Group – Rich McDonald
- Upcoming events
- August 11th – Cowboy Action
- August 12th – Cowboy Quick Draw
- Range Maintenance – Brian Dowd – Thank you to all that participate in range maintenance. Range looks very nice.
- Dump Trash – Weekly
- Replace cardboard on target stands – Weekly
- Pick up brass – Weekly
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays – Paint steel targets
- 2nd Tuesday of each month – Rake Trap Range
- 4th Tuesday of each month – Remove lead from berms
- Electrical plan – picking up material list next week
- New keys are needed for the desk money drawer. Get them from Mark Miller, if you haven’t received one.
August 23, 2018 at 6:30 PM
Kernville Chamber of Commerce
11447 Kernville Rd.
Kernville, CA 93238
Meeting adjourned at 7:14 PM
Minutes by Kee Johnson