Kern River Valley Gun Association
Thursday, November 17, 2022
Meeting called to order at 6:00 p.m. at the Kern River Valley Gun Club classroom and began with the flag salute.
- New Members- None
- First Time Attendees – Gerald Wenstrand aka GW
- Total members in attendance – 24
Past Meeting Minutes: Kee Johnson read the meeting minutes from October 27, 2022. Minutes approved.
President’s Report: Jeff Evans
Annual “Turkey Shoot” is Saturday, November 19 – 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
A total of 6 turkeys have been donated by Sierra Gateway Market & Grocery Outlet.
- 4th Annual Kern River Valley Christmas Parade – Saturday, November 26th at 6:00 PM
Any interest in being in the parade? Jeff Evans and Bob Johnson may participate.
- Whiskey Flat Days – Take down Savage .22 has been purchased and 400 raffle tickets have been printed. Tickets purchased and distributed for sale to members present at this meeting.
- Talked about making up our own shoot out skits for Whiskey Flats that do not include the guys that ride into town on the horses. If anyone comes up with some ideas, please share with Jeff.
- There is a lady who is a club member and works for the chamber that wants to see if she can fix our online payment system. She will be available after Thanksgiving.
Treasurer’s Report: Bob Johnson gave the treasurer’s report. The club has $42,710.78 as of
11-16-22. Income: $1,130.00 Expenses: $1,881.98
Total members for 2022: 443 + 100 life members. Member renewals for 2023: 41
Range Executive Officer Report: Doug Rudolph absent.
Competition Director: Mark Miller absent. Jeff has sent him a list of previous competitions the club has had.
- Shotgun Group – Doug Rudolph – absent
- Upcoming events – None
- Cowboy Action Group – Bob Johnson
- November Shoot Canceled
- December shoot being cancelled due to the swap meet at the range on
December 10th Radio station is going to advertise this event one week prior.
Range Maintenance Officer – Position is open for volunteer
- Reolink camera system has not been ordered yet. Credit card cancelled during transaction by the bank. Will try again when new card arrived.
- Donated gun safe is still sitting in Wofford Heights.
- Suggestion Box – Didn’t look
- Sports and outdoor activity related Swap Meet to be held on December 10, 2022, from
9 AM – 2 PM
- Vote for 2023 Board Members:
President: Jeff Evans
Vice President: Rich McDonald
Treasurer: Bob Johnson
Secretary: Kee Johnson
Range Executive Officer: Doug Rudolph
Board members approved by all members present.
Gate lock instructions: Jeff will be giving instructions at the Kernville Saloon at 5:30 PM on Friday, November 18, 2022.
Thursday, January 26, 2023, at 6:00 PM
Kern River Valley Gun Association Range
6000 Cyrus Road
Kernville, CA 93238
Meeting adjourned at 6:45 PM